Friday 21st June – Gather at 8pm
CSCC Working Party
Sunday 28th April – 2pm onwards
This is a great opportunity for us to make the Club clean tidy and welcoming to the Hasler Race event coming soon.
- We need much grass cutting (bring your own mower if you wish and a strimmer).
- Boat trolleys can be put in a tidy pile in the South East corner. Boats on trailers can be put in tidy lines. Some very scruffy boats, making the place look unkempt; need a good wash & brush up.
- Steps and slab surrounding the jetty steps need resetting.
- Ideas for revising the hanging facilities in the buoyancy shed would be welcome. Please lease with Jane.
- Total revision of the SUP storage system is needed; ideas please. Please liaise with Cathy.
- Our ‘Painting Officer’ Julie may care to issue directions for further external painting.
- Doors and other timber items, adjacent to the bonfire site, need dismantling and sorting into useful, rubbish for burning and non combustible. (The external refuse skip should be onsite before the event).
- Polo goals shall be moved to clear the area for visitor boat parking. It may be advantageous to clear the area between shed 9 & 10 (OOD Shed) of boats and KataKanus to allow for visitor boat parking.
- Changing rooms to be cleaned
Some dates for your diary of upcoming events:
Fri 10th May Movie night on the water JAWS!
Sun 19th May Hasler Race
Fri 24th May AGM
Fri 21st June/Sat 22nd June Midsummer night paddle /cocktails/campout for those wanting to stay over
Fri 5th July/Sat 6th/Sun 7th 60th celebration weekend camping/ Treasure Hunt and 60th meal Saturday / Up with the lark paddle Sunday morning.
Tues 10th Sept Awards night
Tues 8th October 6pm RNLI fish supper
Sat19th Oct/Sun20th Oct Steampunk festival in Chippenham, might decorate boats & have a paddle to coincide
Sat 3rd or 10th Nov Spuds and sparklers
Tues 17th December 6pm Santa Night paddle
Posters and more details to these events will be given out nearer the dates.
Devizes Canoe Club Hasler Test Race
19th May 2019
Hosted by Chippenham Sailing and Canoe Club
Chippenham Sailing and Canoe Club, Long Close, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3JY (51.4543042, -2.1038792)
The South West Region Hasler preparation race (Class B) will be run to BC Hasler series rules. No Hasler or Lightening series points will be awarded so rankings will not be affected.
CSCC (Long Close) is just off the A4 London Road, on the east side of Chippenham – follow signs for the Canoe Race car parking in the field adjacent to the club; courtesy of Chippenham Sea Cadets.
- Division 1, 2 & 3 (12 miles)
- Division 4, 5 & 6 (8 miles)
- Division 7, 8, 9 & 10 (4 miles)
- Open class – Fun race (1.8 miles, open to all types of kayak, canoe, surf-ski, SUP, etc)
- Booking from 09:00. Individual booking is permitted. Club Team Leaders will be given priority.
- Lightning and Hody K2 race 10:30 (briefing 10:00)
- Open class 10:40 (briefing 10:00)
- Divisional Race starts 11:45 at approx 1 min intervals (briefing 11:30)
- Juniors £4 per seat.
- Seniors £9 per seat.
- Lightning / Fun Race £4 per seat.
- Seniors or non-club member juniors without BCU or CRT license will need to purchase a BCU day ticket at £5
Number boards will be supplied (£5 fee applies if number board not returned)
To be received by Friday 17th May at the latest, Payable to Devizes Canoe Club C/O Ann Slator, Devizes Canoe Club, 2 Forest Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3QU.
Bouyancy aids to be worn by all Division 7, 8, 9, 10, Lightning and Open class paddlers. Paddlers in the Lightning races must paddle Lightning’s and not any other type of craft.
Facilities and Refreshments:
Toilets and showers are available.
Hot and cold drinks and light refreshments available. Paddlers food inclusive in entry fee.
Marathon Racing Canoe page on Facebook and website or www.devizescanoeclub.co.uk
A gentle get together paddle, to start the season off, for all abilities, juniors accompanied please. Arrive early to sort boats out and get on the water by 6.30.
Followed by a fish and chip supper ordered in advance form the chippy, Julie will collect orders before we set off.
Info from Julie – [email protected]
Julie has arranged for our fish and chip order to be delivered direct to the club on Tuesday evening approx 7.30 pm . This means Julie needs to place the order and pay for it in advance on Monday night. To keep it simple the menu will be as follows they kindly said we can have
Fish & chips for special deal £4.75 .
Bag of chips £1.80 . Sausage 85p
Pies ( steak&kidney , chicken&mushroom, cheese&onion) £3.25
So options are basically fish & chips, pie& chips, sausage& chips or bag of chips ! You don’t have to order food can still join us after our paddle but you’ll have to excuse us eating in front of you! Please can you let Julie have your orders by Monday afternoon and any orders placed will have to be paid for regardless of you not being able to come on the night. Thanks Julie
KNOTS AND NIBBLES
Friday 12th April 2019
An evening of learning a few basic knots and a social.
7pm for 7.30pm start.
Please bring a plate of party food, wine etc.
Please contact Jane Allen via the contact form or Facebook.
Numbers by 10th April Please. First come, first served basis.
Get to know some new club members while improving your boating knowledge.
Contractors will be working on shed refurbishment, commencing Monday 7th January 2019.
Do please be aware that access may be restricted to various parts of the club.
You cooperation will be appreciated.