We hope everyone has been getting down to the club in this warm weather, please find the below update from your committee covering the following things:
- Using the club
- Upcoming courses
We have carefully considered the current restrictions and it being clear that cases are rising rapidly once again. As a committee we discussed this at our most recent meeting last Monday, our decisions on what procedures/limitations would remain, and what could be lifted, depended on risk of transmission vs general safety and convenience; with the knowledge that the highest risk of transmission is still through aerosol spread in confined spaces. Please see the very simple, short and easy to remember list below:
1. The changing rooms will remain generally unavailable for changing & showering purposes, although the toilets will of course continue to be open for use. Please continue with the thorough 20 second hand washing regime after using them. We view the changing rooms as the most likely place for the virus to spread. It is a minor inconvenience to continue to change from the back of a car with a towel robe, or to arrive dressed to paddle. This situation will be reassessed in the Autumn as the weather begins to deteriorate.
2. Please continue with the sensible measures inside other enclosed spaces: Not entering the equipment sheds when there are other people inside; Consider wearing a mask before entering the club hut or better still wait until other people have vacated it. Be considerate of other people’s personal space.
3. Please continue to use your track & trace QR codes with the app on your phone should you have it installed.
As of Monday (19th), it is no longer necessary to clean equipment with soapy water. Virus transmission is less effective through surface contact than it is through the air in confined spaces. Please put the equipment away securely and tidily though!!!
Using the club
This summer we’ve welcomed lots of new members to the club and so we thought it was worth reminding everyone of what we have all signed up for when we join.
We’re a community club so if we look after the site and the equipment it will make sure it can be enjoyed by everyone.
We try to keep rules simple to follow as we want people to concentrate on enjoying themselves on the water. They are:
if you open it, lock it up – this includes storage sheds, gates and the front access when youre not using it. Please double check just before you leave
- If you use it, put it away
- Equipment is expensive to replace, so once it is gone it is gone. Please return all equipment to where you got, in the same condition you found it.
- You are responsible for everyone in your group – if you have brought children or guests along with you then your are responsible for making sure their equipment is put away properly and anything they opened is locked up.
- Do not share access codes with anyone other than your membership group, if someone asks you for the codes and you’re not sure on whether they are a member or not, please ask them to email [email protected]
- If you spot something is broken then email [email protected]
We’re always looking for help – whether it’s cutting the grass, maintaining the equipment or welcoming new members. If you’d like to help out in any way, we’d love to chat to you. Speak to one of the coaches or someone from the committee, alternatively post a post on our facebook group and someone should point you in the right direction.
We’ve arranged a number of events across the rest of the year. You’ll find the latest calendar here.
With so many new members our wonderful volunteering coaches wanted to run some extra courses for you over the coming weeks. They’ll teach you some extra paddling skills and how to be safe on the water.
Details about the courses:
- Please find the course calendar here
- All courses will be in the evening & will run approximately from 6pm through to 8pm including time to get on & off the water.
- You should get about 1.5 hours on the water time.- Ideally participants would attend a full block of 3 sessions to get the most out of the course, however with it being the summer holidays in some cases that might not be possible.
- Therefore each session for adults & over 12s will be £3 per person per session.- There are also some sessions for under 12s (& over 7s), these are sessions focusing on learning through fun & games, & are £2 per session.
How to book:
Drop us an email to [email protected] with your preferred dates. We will then send you a payment request which you should be able to pay by card.