CSCC Working Party
Sunday 28th April – 2pm onwards
This is a great opportunity for us to make the Club clean tidy and welcoming to the Hasler Race event coming soon.
- We need much grass cutting (bring your own mower if you wish and a strimmer).
- Boat trolleys can be put in a tidy pile in the South East corner. Boats on trailers can be put in tidy lines. Some very scruffy boats, making the place look unkempt; need a good wash & brush up.
- Steps and slab surrounding the jetty steps need resetting.
- Ideas for revising the hanging facilities in the buoyancy shed would be welcome. Please lease with Jane.
- Total revision of the SUP storage system is needed; ideas please. Please liaise with Cathy.
- Our ‘Painting Officer’ Julie may care to issue directions for further external painting.
- Doors and other timber items, adjacent to the bonfire site, need dismantling and sorting into useful, rubbish for burning and non combustible. (The external refuse skip should be onsite before the event).
- Polo goals shall be moved to clear the area for visitor boat parking. It may be advantageous to clear the area between shed 9 & 10 (OOD Shed) of boats and KataKanus to allow for visitor boat parking.
- Changing rooms to be cleaned
Some dates for your diary of upcoming events:
Fri 10th May Movie night on the water JAWS!
Sun 19th May Hasler Race
Fri 24th May AGM
Fri 21st June/Sat 22nd June Midsummer night paddle /cocktails/campout for those wanting to stay over
Fri 5th July/Sat 6th/Sun 7th 60th celebration weekend camping/ Treasure Hunt and 60th meal Saturday / Up with the lark paddle Sunday morning.
Tues 10th Sept Awards night
Tues 8th October 6pm RNLI fish supper
Sat19th Oct/Sun20th Oct Steampunk festival in Chippenham, might decorate boats & have a paddle to coincide
Sat 3rd or 10th Nov Spuds and sparklers
Tues 17th December 6pm Santa Night paddle
Posters and more details to these events will be given out nearer the dates.
We hope that you have been enjoying your time out on the river with the nice wether that we have been having recently!
It has come to that time of year again that all members need to renew their membership, if you are yet to do this please see our membership page for info on how to do it!
The CSCC Committee
Contractors will be working on shed refurbishment, commencing Monday 7th January 2019.
Do please be aware that access may be restricted to various parts of the club.
You cooperation will be appreciated.
Hi everyone, hope you’re not too busy in the lead up to the Christmas period and are still managing to get on the water!
The dates for our spring 2019 pools sessions have been released and are available for booking, more information can be found on the courses section of our website found here.
The pool sessions are a great way for paddlers to practice vital skills such as how to capsize and maybe even how to roll in a warm controlled environment.
If you have any questions about this that you can not find answers to on the page do not hesitate to send our pool session coordinator an email on [email protected]
We hope all that attended the river trips that have been run enjoyed them and are looking forward to the next ones!
An update on the pool sessions. There remains plenty of places on the pool sessions, particularly the 14 and under session next week and the one starting on the 27th November 2018.
|Short Code||Session 1 Date||Start Time||End Time||Places Remaining|
The pool session courses are run as a block of 3 sessions, over 3 consecutive weeks with coaching tailored towards individuals needs whether that be building confidence when falling out of a kayak or progressing all the way to learning to roll the kayak back up using the paddle.
The pool sessions are held at Stonar School, Melksham. On each evening there are 2 courses, commencing 19:30 and 20:15 hrs respectively. There are 8 places available in each time slot. Each course (3 sessions) will cost £20 for club members (or £7 for an individual session where offered) and £30 for non-members (or £11 for an individual session where offered).
Prior to booking your place, please first read the notes below (particularly with respect to eligibility), then fill out the pool sessions booking form linked here (If you can be flexible please identify a first and second choice of time slot) and send it along with a cheque made payable to “CSCC”, to the address on the form.
- Priority for course enrolment will be given to CSCC members, non-members will be considered as follows: Course 1 – after 25-Sep-18; Course 2 and One Off 14 and Under Only Session – after 9-Oct-18; Course 3 – after 6-Nov-18.
- Places cannot be reserved; receipt of monies by the pool session coordinator secures a place on a course where available.
- The club is unable to refund fees if you cannot attend. If the session is re-sold, a 75% refund will be provided with 25% retained to cover administration charges.
- In the first instance, it will only be possible to book one course per person for the winter term. If places remain they will be opened up to all, even those who have already attended a course.
- Please indicate First, Second, Third in the appropriate boxes in case your preferred session cannot be provided.
- Each block of 3 consecutive sessions costs £20 per person for CSCC members, £30 for non CSCC members. Once the block of sessions has started any spare places can be booked individually for £7 per session for CSCC members or £11 for non CSCC members. The additional cost to non-members includes a temporary membership charge covering the pool sessions only.
We hope everyone has had a good Summer season and is looking forward to the Winter Paddling season whether they are going to be running white water rivers or going our for some refreshing early morning paddles! We have a couple of event announcements that can be seen below.
The 2018 Spuds and Sparklers evening is on the 3rd November.
This is a great event, bring the family and any friends too.
Watch the Monkton Park firework display reflected in the river from our veranda
With a real bonfire to toast marshmallows on.
Booking is essential please, I have to order the spuds – This can be done by contacting us on [email protected]
Alongside our announcement of spuds and sparklers comes us getting a new storage container to store kayaks in, this will make room for our newly purchased kayaks.
At the next working party we will be needing to prepare the land that the container is going to be situated on. Please see the below image for details about the working party.
Thank you to all the hard work put in by all of our volunteers and committee members and we look forward to seeing some of you at our upcoming events.