Devizes Canoe Club Hasler Test Race
19th May 2019
Hosted by Chippenham Sailing and Canoe Club
Chippenham Sailing and Canoe Club, Long Close, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3JY (51.4543042, -2.1038792)
The South West Region Hasler preparation race (Class B) will be run to BC Hasler series rules. No Hasler or Lightening series points will be awarded so rankings will not be affected.
CSCC (Long Close) is just off the A4 London Road, on the east side of Chippenham – follow signs for the Canoe Race car parking in the field adjacent to the club; courtesy of Chippenham Sea Cadets.
- Division 1, 2 & 3 (12 miles)
- Division 4, 5 & 6 (8 miles)
- Division 7, 8, 9 & 10 (4 miles)
- Open class – Fun race (1.8 miles, open to all types of kayak, canoe, surf-ski, SUP, etc)
- Booking from 09:00. Individual booking is permitted. Club Team Leaders will be given priority.
- Lightning and Hody K2 race 10:30 (briefing 10:00)
- Open class 10:40 (briefing 10:00)
- Divisional Race starts 11:45 at approx 1 min intervals (briefing 11:30)
- Juniors £4 per seat.
- Seniors £9 per seat.
- Lightning / Fun Race £4 per seat.
- Seniors or non-club member juniors without BCU or CRT license will need to purchase a BCU day ticket at £5
Number boards will be supplied (£5 fee applies if number board not returned)
To be received by Friday 17th May at the latest, Payable to Devizes Canoe Club C/O Ann Slator, Devizes Canoe Club, 2 Forest Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3QU.
Bouyancy aids to be worn by all Division 7, 8, 9, 10, Lightning and Open class paddlers. Paddlers in the Lightning races must paddle Lightning’s and not any other type of craft.
Facilities and Refreshments:
Toilets and showers are available.
Hot and cold drinks and light refreshments available. Paddlers food inclusive in entry fee.
Marathon Racing Canoe page on Facebook and website or www.devizescanoeclub.co.uk