On this page you will find information about all of the courses that we run at the sailing and canoeing club. In the spring and summer these take place down at the club on the Avon, in the winter pool sessions take place at Stonar School. See below for more information about them.
To book onto a course you will need to complete a booking form, more details about the courses located below.
Please sign up to our email list to ensure you get up to date information on courses and events this is located here.
Throughout the year the club run various courses. Whilst primarily for Canoe and Kayaking, we occasionally run Sailing courses in partnership with other sailing clubs. During the spring and summer months the Canoe and Kayaking courses are run at the club on the river Avon. These courses cater for beginners through to more experienced paddles of all ages. During the winter months course activity is primarily focused on Pool based courses which are aimed at building water confidence and progressing to self rescue and rolling skills. Specific course details can be found by clicking the links below:
Pool Session Fees
|Block of 3 sessions||£20||£27|
|Individual sessions (when available)||£7||£10|
Pool Session Availability
9-Oct, 16-Oct, 23-Oct
|One Off 14 & Under Session 30-Oct||Course 2:|
27-Nov, 4-Dec, 11-Dec
|Early: 7.30 – 8.15pm||Date passed||5||2||8|
|Late: 8.15 – 9.00pm||Date passed||8||0||2|
Prior to booking your place, please first read the notes below (particularly with respect to eligibility), then fill out the pool sessions booking form attached (If you can be flexible please identify a first and second choice of time slot) and send it along with a cheque made payable to “CSCC”, to Nigel Wood at the address on the form.
The small print
- For further information contact Nigel at [email protected]
- Priority for course enrolment will be given to CSCC members, non-members will be considered as follows:
- Course 1 – after 20 Dec 16;
- Children’s 1 off Course – after 4 Jan 17;
- Course 2 – after 31 Jan 17;
- Course 3 – after 28 Feb 17.
- Places cannot be reserved; receipt of monies by the pool session coordinator secures a place on a course where available.
- The club is unable to refund fees if you cannot attend. If the session is re-sold, a 75% refund will be provided with 25% retained to cover administration charges.
- In the first instance, it will only be possible to book one course per person for the winter term. If places remain they will be opened up to all, even those who have already attended a course.
- Each block of 3 consecutive sessions costs £20 per person for CSCC members, £27 for non CSCC members. Once the block of sessions has started any spare places can be booked individually for £7 per session for CSCC members or £10 for non CSCC members. The additional cost to non-members includes a temporary membership charge covering the pool sessions only.
We run river courses throughout the spring and summer, these are suitable for both beginners and more experienced paddlers. Please check back here closer to the spring for more information on our river courses.