Throughout the year the club run various courses. Whilst primarily for Canoe and Kayaking, we occasionally run Sailing courses in partnership with other sailing clubs.
During the spring and summer months the Canoe and Kayaking courses are run at the club on the river Avon. These courses cater for beginners through to more experienced paddles of all ages. Booking for summer courses is now closed until March 2020.
During the winter months course activity is primarily focused on Pool based courses which are aimed at building water confidence and progressing to self rescue and rolling skills. Our pool sessions take place at Stonar School. See below for more information.
Please sign up to our email list to ensure you get up to date information on courses and events this is located here.
The CSCC pool sessions training courses will be starting on 8th October 2019. The pool session courses are run as a block of 3 sessions, over 3 consecutive weeks with coaching tailored towards individuals needs whether that be building confidence when falling out of a kayak or progressing all the way to learning to roll the kayak back up using the paddle.
Pool Session Fees
|Block of 3 sessions||£21||£30|
|Individual sessions (when available)||£7||£11|
Pool Session Availability
25 Feb, 3 and 10 Mar
17, 24 and 31 Mar
|Early: 7.30 – 8.15pm||Check Availability||Check Availability|
|Late: 8.15 – 9.00pm||Check Availability||Check Availability|
Prior to booking your place, please first read the notes below (particularly with respect to eligibility), then fill out the pool sessions online booking form.
We would prefer payment by Electronic Transfer (see details on the booking form) or if you wish to pay by cheque please contact our course administrator at [email protected].
The small print
- For further information contact us at [email protected].
- Priority for course enrolment will be given to CSCC members.
- Places cannot be reserved; receipt of monies by the pool session coordinator secures a place on a course where available.
- The club is unable to refund fees if you cannot attend. If the session is re-sold, a 75% refund will be provided with 25% retained to cover administration charges.
- In the first instance, it will only be possible to book one course per person for the winter term. If places remain they will be opened up to all, even those who have already attended a course.
- Each block of 3 consecutive sessions costs £21 per person for CSCC members, £30 for non CSCC members. Once the block of sessions has started any spare places can be booked individually for £7 per session for CSCC members or £11 for non CSCC members. The additional cost to non-members includes a temporary membership charge covering the pool sessions only.
We run river courses throughout the spring and summer, these are suitable for both beginners and more experienced paddlers. Please check back here closer to the spring for more information on our river courses.
We run the following courses over the spring and summer seasons:
- Beginners Canoe
- Intermediate Canoe
- Beginners Kayak
- Intermediate Kayak
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding