We’re delighted you’re looking to renew your membership.
To renew your membership please complete this application form and send payment to Chippenham. Click here to complete the application form.
When making an online bank transfer please ensure that “Reference Information” will allow us to easily identify the payment – your name, course identifier or similar.
Club account details are:
- Account name: Chippenham Sailing and Canoe Club
- Account number: 70260738
- Sort Code: 20-84-58
As a reminder by renewing your membership you’re signing up to The Club Rules, codes of conduct and agreed procedures. These are all available below, and in the clubhouse. We regularly review and update these, and we’ll let you know if they do change. If you have any questions please use the contact form.
Membership Prices 2021/22 - COVID-19 Discount Applied
|Young person/Concession (Over 65)|
|Ordinary (one person)|
|Family (3-person plus)|
|Group (organisations pre-agreed with committee)|
|No equipment usage discount (where agreed)|
See small print below.
Storage Fees 2021/2022
|Kayaks (in Kayak Shed)||£29|
Other Fees 2021/2022
The Small Print
We are anticapaiting that the club will be able to open again soon, in line with the Goverment’s guidelines we have come to a decision regarding membership fees for 2021 – 2022.
As we are expecting the club to be impacted slightly by continuing restrictions we are proposing the following:
- Membership for the 2021 – 2022 seasons is offered at 25% (across all membership categories) of the currently advertised fee. The table above shows the revised fees with the discount already taken off.
- The fee for boat storage as advertised will remain unchanged.
- River courses for the summer are to be defined in line with government restrictions.
- Arrangement for pool session offerings in Autumn and Winter are to be defined.
In setting the membership fees, we recognize the following:
- We must continue strict adherence to government and club rules and guidelines.
- Access to the club may be withdrawn at any time in accordance with changes to government guidelines.
Members who have already paid the full rate membership may apply for a rebate if they wish. As a refund via BACS is preferred, the provision of appropriate bank account details would be appreciated when applying for the rebate. Questions and requests for a rebate should be addressed directly to the membership secretary.
- Is available only at the discretion of the CSCC committee.
- For new membership enquires, please read the extra conditions below and use the web site contact form to arrange a taster session.
- Is conditional on the submission of completed application form and payment of membership fees to the membership secretary.
- The membership secretary can be contacted via the web site contact form
- The more traditional membership form has been replaced with a Microsoft form to be completed online, if you are not able to complete this then please reach out to us and we will arrange for you to complete your membership form in other means.
- The club membership year is 1st April through to 31st March.
- Applications after 30th September are 50% of the yearly fee.
- Applications after 1st January is free for the remainder of the club year provided that membership is taken out for the subsequent membership year (that is 3 months for free!).
- Disclosure of relevant medical information is required only where it is likely to affect the member, coaches and other members in an emergency. This information will be kept confidential and only disclosed to the coaches that are present at the relevant session.
- Storage fees only apply if you have received approval for your storage. Existing storage is by default already approved. Note there is generally a waiting list for storage. Use the contacts page to register your interest in storage when it becomes available.
Payment of fees
- Please calculate payments carefully to avoid the overhead of administrative errors. If in doubt, please contact the membership secretary
- Payment methods (in order of preference) online banks transfer, cheque then cash.
- When making an online bank transfer please ensure that “Reference Information” will allow us to easily identify the payment – your name, course identifier or similar.
- Club account details are:-Account number 70260738. Sort Code 20-84-58.
- Please DO NOT send any payments until your new membership has been approved.
- Membership will only be approved upon completion of a small number of taster sessions and an induction session
- Please remember that membership is only offered at the discretion of the committee
- Two forms of identification will be required – photo identification and proof of address (a utility bill, or similar that is less than 3 months old).
- Basic membership (without key) will only allow the member unlimited access to club equipment and events whilst other members are present.
- Key issue is at the discretion of the CSCC committee.
- A key will only be made available to a member upon successful completion of an induction course.
- Please note that CSCC reserves the right to refuse issue of a key – particularly if the member failed to demonstrate sufficient skill on the water and the ability to behave responsibly.
- Use the contacts page to request a key
- Use the contacts page to request a key deposit refund
Volunteer Discount Scheme
- Each member who contributes a validated number of hours per year to club activities will be entitled to a discount listed below from their membership fee in the following year:
- 15+ hrs – single person and dual membership – £25
- 30+ hrs – dual person and 3+family membership – £40
- 45+ hrs. – 3+family membership – £50
- No discounts for groups and no discount for less than 15 hours
- Valid activities will be announced as and when required and will include – working parties (grass cutting, building, compound maintenance, equipment check, and maintenance, etc), coaching, committee activities, etc.
- Anyone wishing to take advantage of the volunteer rate scheme will need to record their hours on the timesheet in the clubhouse during qualifying events.
- Unrestricted year-round use of club facilities and equipment (except during a coach organized course).
- Equipment use is on a first come first served basis although, at times when club organized courses are being run, course participants get priority.
- Eligibility for going on coach organized club trips to other venues – subject to your skill level etc.
- Social events – bonfire night, night paddles, camping weekends etc.
- We make an additional charge for participation in training sessions on the river and in the pool. The aim is to encourage commitment, We reinvest all the income in new facilities and equipment.
- Competition and proficiency fees may vary and would be communicated in advance of the event. We also require participants in trips to share any costs incurred such as petrol, bridge tolls, and car parking.
Club Rules and Policies
The Club Rules, codes of conduct and agreed procedures are available below, in the clubhouse, either on the walls or in the red binder. If you have any questions please use the contact form.
Codes of conduct
P1 – Health and Safety Policy Statement
P2 – Information on Club Funding for Coaching Related Courses
P3 – Equality and Diversity Statement
P4 – Club Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
P5 – Data Privacy Notice