This page is aimed at new members, existing members please visit this page
2022/2023 Membership for new members!
Welcome to Chippenham Sailing & Canoe Club, we’d love to have you on-board.
Chippenham Sailing and Canoeing Club is a volunteer run club which relies on members’ spare time. We are receiving an exceptional amount of membership requests at the moment and on occasions it might take a little while for us to get back to you, thank you for your patience.
Membership with us gets you:
- Unrestricted year-round use of club facilities and equipment (except during a coach organised course, where attendees get priority).
- Eligibility for going on coach-organised club trips to other venues – subject to your skill level etc.
- Regular social events throughout the year – think bonfire night, night paddles, camping weekends, trips away etc.
We want to make sure our members are safe on the water, so to become a member everyone follows this simple ‘Joining Journey’ process. If you want to have a look round the club or meet someone for a chat before applying for membership you can arrange a visit by sending an email to [email protected]
- Click on the link to our membership application form and complete your form for the membership type you wish to apply for. Guidance about which membership type is right for you is at the top of the membership form.
- Your application will be reviewed by our membership team. Where everything is in order, you’ll be made a provisional member of the club, and you will get an email asking you to setup your CSCC LoveAdmin account – our membership management system.
- When you are made a provisional member you have 30 days to complete the rest of the ‘Joining Journey’ and make payment of your membership fees.
- You use your LoveAdmin account to book a Club Induction and a Taster Session.
- You attend your sessions and after your induction, there is a short form to complete via your LoveAdmin account to confirm you have received all the information you need as a member.
- Make your payment of your fees through your LoveAdmin account. We are a cashless club and we accept payment through either Direct Debit or Credit/Debit card.
- When your fees have been paid and you have completed your taster and induction – you will be made a full member and given access codes to the club! Welcome on board!
By becoming a member, you’re signing up to The Club Rules, codes of conduct and agreed procedures. These are all available below, and in the clubhouse. We regularly review and update these, and we’ll let you know if they do change.
If you have any questions please email [email protected].
Membership Prices 2022/23
|Young person/Concession (Over 65)||£45|
|Ordinary (one person)||£63|
|Family (3-person plus)||£132|
|Group (organisations pre-agreed with committee)||£100|
|No equipment usage discount (where agreed)||£15|
Storage Fees 2022/2023
|Kayaks (in Kayak Shed)||£29|
The Small Print
- Is available only at the discretion of the CSCC committee.
- For new membership enquires, please read the extra conditions below and use the web site contact form to arrange a taster session.
- Is conditional on the submission of completed application form and payment of membership fees to the membership secretary.
- The membership secretary can be contacted via the web site contact form
- The more traditional membership form has been replaced with a Microsoft form to be completed online, if you are not able to complete this then please reach out to us and we will arrange for you to complete your membership form in other means.
- The club membership year is 1st April through to 31st March.
- Applications after 30th September are 50% of the yearly fee.
- Applications after 1st January is free for the remainder of the club year provided that membership is taken out for the subsequent membership year (that is 3 months for free!).
- Disclosure of relevant medical information is required only where it is likely to affect the member, coaches and other members in an emergency. This information will be kept confidential and only disclosed to the coaches that are present at the relevant session.
- Storage fees only apply if you have received approval for your storage. Existing storage is by default already approved. Note there is generally a waiting list for storage. Use the contacts page to register your interest in storage when it becomes available.
Payment of fees
- Please calculate payments carefully to avoid the overhead of administrative errors. If in doubt, please contact the membership secretary
- Payment methods (in order of preference) online banks transfer, cheque then cash.
- When making an online bank transfer please ensure that “Reference Information” will allow us to easily identify the payment – your name, course identifier or similar.
- Please DO NOT send any payments until your new membership has been approved.
- Membership will only be approved upon completion of a taster session with one of our qualified coaches.
- Please remember that membership is only offered at the discretion of the committee.
- Two forms of identification will be required – photo identification and proof of address (a utility bill, or similar that is less than 3 months old).
- Basic membership will allow the member unlimited access to club equipment and events whilst other members are present.
- You will be given access codes upon successful completion of an induction course.
- Please note that CSCC reserves the right to refuse membership – particularly if the member failed to demonstrate sufficient skill on the water and the ability to behave responsibly.
Volunteer Discount Scheme
- Each member who contributes a validated number of hours per year to club activities will be entitled to a discount listed below from their membership fee in the following year:
- 15+ hrs – single person and dual membership – £25
- 30+ hrs – dual person and 3+family membership – £40
- 45+ hrs. – 3+family membership – £50
- No discounts for groups and no discount for less than 15 hours
- Valid activities will be announced as and when required and will include – working parties (grass cutting, building, compound maintenance, equipment check, and maintenance, etc), coaching, committee activities, etc.
- Anyone wishing to take advantage of the volunteer rate scheme will need to record their hours on the timesheet in the clubhouse during qualifying events.
- We make an additional charge for participation in training sessions on the river and in the pool. We reinvest all the income in new facilities and equipment.
- Competition and proficiency fees may vary and would be communicated in advance of the event. We also require participants in trips to share any costs incurred such as petrol, bridge tolls, and car parking.
Club Rules and Policies
The Club Rules, codes of conduct and agreed procedures are available below, in the clubhouse, either on the walls or in the red binder. If you have any questions please use the contact form.
Codes of conduct
P1 – Health and Safety Policy Statement
P2 – Information on Club Funding for Coaching Related Courses
P3 – Equality and Diversity Statement
P4 – Club Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
P5 – Data Privacy Notice