Membership Prices 2019/2020
|Young person/Concession (Over 65)||£45|
|Ordinary (one person)||£63|
|Family (3-person plus)||£132|
|Group (organisations pre-agreed with committee)||£100|
|No equipment usage discount (where agreed)||-£15|
Storage Fees 2019/2020
|Dinghy Winter Storage||£33|
|Kayaks (in Kayak Shed)||£29|
Other Fees 2019/2020
The Small Print
- Is available only at the discretion of the CSCC committee.
- Is conditional on the submission of completed application form and payment of membership fees to the membership secretary.
- The membership secretary can be contacted via the web site contact form or directly to [email protected]
- The completed and signed membership form should be sent to the membership secretary:
- A paper copy sent by regular mail
- A paper copy handed to a member of the CSCC committee
- A paper copy, signed, then scanned and then sent by email
- The club membership year is 1st April through to 31st March.
- Applications after 30th September are 50% of the yearly fee.
- Applications after 1st January is free for the remainder of the club year provided that membership is taken out for the subsequent membership year (that is 3 months for free!).
- Disclosure of relevant medical information is required only where it is likely to affect the member, coaches and other members in an emergency. This information will be kept confidential and only disclosed to the coaches that are present at the relevant session.
- Storage fees only apply if you have received approval for your storage. Existing storage is by default already approved. Note there is generally a waiting list for storage. Use the contacts page to register your interest in storage when it becomes available.
Payment of fees
- Please calculate payments carefully to avoid the overhead of administrative errors. If in doubt, please contact the membership secretary
- Payment methods (in order of preference) online banks transfer, cheque or cash.
- When making an online bank transfer please ensure that “Reference Information” will allow us to easily identify the payment – your name, course identifier or similar.
- Club account details are:-Account number 70260738. Sort Code 20-84-58.
- Please remember that membership is only offered at the discretion of the committee
- Two forms of identification will be required – photo identification and proof of address (a utility bill, or similar that is less than 3 months old).
- Membership will only be approved upon completion of a small number of taster sessions and an induction session
- Please DO NOT send any payments until your membership has been approved.
- Basic membership (without key) will only allow the member unlimited access to club equipment and events whilst other members are present.
- Key issue is at the discretion of the CSCC committee.
- A key will only be made available to a member upon successful completion of an induction course.
- Please note that CSCC reserves the right to refuse issue of a key – particularly if the member failed to demonstrate sufficient skill on the water and the ability to behave responsibly.
- Use the contacts page to request a key
- Use the contacts page to request a key deposit refund
Volunteer Discount Scheme
- Each member who contributes a validated number of hours per year to club activities will be entitled to a discount listed below from their membership fee in the following year:
- 15+ hrs – single person and dual membership – £25
- 30+ hrs – dual person and 3+family membership – £40
- 45+ hrs. – 3+family membership – £50
- No discounts for groups and no discount for less than 15 hours
- Valid activities will be announced as and when required and will include – working parties (grass cutting, building, compound maintenance, equipment check, and maintenance, etc), coaching, committee activities, etc.
- Anyone wishing to take advantage of the volunteer rate scheme will need to record their hours on the timesheet in the clubhouse during qualifying events.
- Unrestricted year-round use of club facilities and equipment (except during a coach organized course).
- Equipment use is on a first come first served basis although, at times when club organized courses are being run, course participants get priority.
- Eligibility for going on coach organized club trips to other venues – subject to your skill level etc.
- Social events – bonfire night, night paddles, camping weekends etc.
- We make an additional charge for participation in training sessions on the river and in the pool. The aim is to encourage commitment, We reinvest all the income in new facilities and equipment.
- Competition and proficiency fees may vary and would be communicated in advance of the event. We also require participants in trips to share any costs incurred such as petrol, bridge tolls, and car parking.
Club Rules and Policies
The Club Rules, codes of conduct and agreed procedures are available below, in the clubhouse, either on the walls or in the red binder. If you have any questions please use the contact form.
Codes of conduct
P1 – Health and Safety Policy Statement
P2 – Information on Club Funding for Coaching Related Courses
P3 – Equality and Diversity Statement
P4 – Club Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
P5 – Data Privacy Notice