The club is now open for use by members using either their own or club equipment, subject to complying with the current government guidance of rule of six or two households. For now at least, the Covid19 protection procedures that we had in place last year will remain, a reminder of the procedures are listed at the end of this post.
Assuming that the restrictions continue to be lifted as planned, we will be able to gradually increase on the water activities. In order to avoid confusion we will only announce changes as & when we are confident that they will go ahead.
A reminder that you can currently join the club or renew membership for a 25% discount, please refer to the membership page for more details.
At present, we can’t give any details of courses or coached sessions, although we will be working on how to begin to deliver this activity, hopefully very soon.
Please remember that the conditions can still be tricky, be aware of the water levels & the weather forecast before paddling. Dress appropriately for the conditions. If in doubt, don’t go out!
A reminder of the Covid19 measures in place:
For enhanced track & trace, please use one of the QR code posters & the NHS track & trace track app on your smartphone, or add you session to the Team-up calendar (ask me (Martin) for details if you need it)
All club equipment is available for use: SOTs (sit-on-tops), open canoes, SUPs (stand-up paddle boards), kayaks and sailing boats, as applicable to the users training and experience.
SOTs are recommended in preference to closed-cockpit kayaks as the SOTs are easier to clean.
Members intending to visit the club will be expected to:
• Maintain 2 meters distance;
• Use the hand wash facilities provided;
• Wash down club equipment before and after use, cleaning facilities are provided;
• Be responsible for their own launching and landing;
• Only paddle if the conditions are appropriate and manageable for their level of ability;
• Not enter the club house;
• Not use the club for any other purpose. No picnics or BBQs etc. Snacks & hot drinks are OK but use good hygiene measures;
• Leave as quickly as possible after completing their activity;
• Ensure the gate is locked behind them after they enter;
• Ensure that the site is secure before they leave.
The toilet facilities may be used but with the changing areas only used to access the toilets. Specifically, the changing areas are not open for changing or showering. Members should therefore arrive at the club already changed or have the means to change discreetly.
Members are expected to limit occupancy of the buoyancy store or toilets to one person, or one group from a single household, at any one time.
For your safety, you should have a waterproofed phone with you while out on the water. It is also recommended that you bring a small first aid kit in case of minor accidents.
If any of the arrangements do not work well, please let the Committee know and we will try to make suitable adjustment.